What Will You Learn in This Course?
In this course you will learn to make a fully working News App. It will retrieve data from a public API and display it in the app. You will be able to show the breaking news, save single news articles and search for news.
What Do You Have to Know Before Starting This Course?
- Kotlin Basics (taught in Kotlin Newbie to Pro)
- Android Basics (taught in Android Fundamentals)
- The basic idea of MVVM (you don't need to know how to implement it)
What Will I Be Able to Do After Watching This Course?
- Retrieve data from APIs using the Retrofit library and displaying it in your app
- Implement the MVVM architecture in your apps
- Paginating Retrofit requests
- Correctly handling Retrofit responses
- Using the Room library to save/update/delete data in a local database
- Coroutine Basics (taught in Kotlin Coroutines)
Course Duration: ~3h
BlockBuster Of MVVM
Before watching this video i am little bit confused about pure MVVM architecture. But After completing the final section Quiz there is an inner goose bumps To implement MVVM in my project. All credits goes to Philip Bro.. We Expect More From You In Future 😉
the course is very good but I have my question i m getting one error in Dao file like this
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Room cannot verify the data integrity. Looks like you’ve changed schema but forgot to update the version number. You can simply fix this by increasing the version number.
pls help Sir
Very easy to understand
This course, although a little vast, contains all the required knowledge, skills required to make a proper network connect application. From fetching data from api and saving them offline in room database with search functionality to handling network errors. This is an all in one package.
Very useful course
I really liked this course and the way you make everything simple and easy to understand, thank you!